Posted by Kemi Omagbe-VERIFIED EMPLOYER VERIFIED19 Jan 10:57 amIru/Victoria Island, Lagos
• Extract value from what the organization already have through divisional focused commercial activities such as: divisional business optimisation projects, contracts review and negotiation, capital/budget efficiency activities within division, etc.
• Innovation - identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., through stimulating new business opportunities, divisional products launched, division product/process innovation, structural changes within division, etc.
• Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing state/local legislations & policies, participating in local level industry think-tanks, building & extending national B-2-B and similar relationships, etc.
• Enhance/expand organizational role in the larger national and ecosystem through participation as a thought leader, executing local CSR projects, involvement in local industry non-ICT policy & think-tank activities etc.
• Divisional people leadership activities: coaching, staff development and motivation through intra staff coaching, employee networks mentorship/support, own division employee engagement projects, faculty roles, inter/intra talent mentorship, etc.
• Generic activities necessary for positive business outcomes such as: supporting recruitment, thought leadership as internal (interview/disciplinary) panel member, influencing next level leaders.
• Provide advice in the formulation and development of Business Intelligence framework, policies and guidelines and ensure compliance of operations with organizational policies and procedures.
• Contribute to the development Business Intelligence strategies and initiatives to meet targets in alignment with the division of corporate strategy and in response to events or changes impacting departmental activities.
• Assess resource requirements for the department, propose budget and actively monitor the approved budget, ensuring it is used in accordance with company’s expenditure regulations.
• Research and understand best practice in tariff planning and strategy and review tariff/pricing strategy on all commercial /retail tariffs and interconnected tariff regimes and ensure quality in accordance with best practice standards.
• Review the budget process and ensure that quality drivers/assumptions for business plans and the business rules are correctly applied to the process and the forecasting scenarios; and improve continually the forecasting strategy and methodology.
• Carry out quality assurance on business plans and pricing analysis in alignment with business planning methodology and pricing strategy.
• Coordinate/Liaise with departments within Marketing on feasibility of any new or modified product or promotion and or activity that requires a financial assessment, to fully understand the impact on organizational business plan.
• Manage the monitoring of product / promotion / activity to ensure that it adheres to company’s business plan and provide feedback to senior management as requested.
• Assure integrity of financial modeling projects and review the feasibility assumptions used versus actual behavior in market after launch of product, promotion or activity.
• Review business processes within the department for effectiveness and efficiency in services, identify areas for improvement and execute action plans to eliminate process dysfunction.
• Minimum of 5years working experience which includes:
• Manager track record of 3 years or more; with at least 2 years in relevant sector/ industry.
• Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous.
• 3 years business planning experience in the telecoms environment.
• Experience in hands-on accounting and financial forecasting.
• B.Sc, BA, B.Tech, B.Ed or HND
Watch out for: