Posted by Adebowale - VERIFIED EMPLOYER VERIFIED14 Mar 10:11 pmLagos Mainland, Lagos
Opportunity closing date:
Friday, 17 March, 2016
Opportunity type: Employment
CENGSSUD seeks to employ a female Program Officer, based in Lagos.
Centre for Global Solutions and Sustainable Development (CENGSSUD) is a multi-focused/dimensional non-governmental, not-for-profit making organisation with the primary objective of promoting sustainable development and contributes to advancing practical and workable solutions to the world’s numerous problems through research, policy development/analysis, advocacy, capacity development and partnerships.
• Job holder will be reporting to the Executive Director
• Will be responsible for project development, management and implementation
• Organizes, coordinates and manages the CENGSSUD program and events relevant to accomplishing the organization’s strategic goals and objectives, as well as establishing networks with external bodies.
• The Jobholder will provide program support services ensuring high quality; accuracy and consistency of work.
• Write/edit proposals, reports, letters, and other correspondence.
• Participate and assist in the identification of needs and areas of support for organization’s interventions in line with its vision and mandate.
• Undertake independent research in finding alternative resources for long-term sustainability of the organization and suggest other innovative ideas for effective resource mobilization.
• Generate new grant acquisition ideas, identifying and engaging with potential donors to obtain additional funds for programme activities.
• Lead grant applications and review donor proposal requirements.
• Implement of approved grant acquisition and management strategy.
• Compile and maintain a database of international and local donor organizations (international foundations, bilateral and multilateral agencies, private corporations especially in light of corporate social responsibility provisions in various countries and government bodies.
• Ability to organize press conferences at short notice
• Attending meetings, conferences and events.
• Degree in the Social Sciences, Humanities or related field
• Degree in Mass Communication, international relations, English is an advantage
• Excellent analytical, writing and auctioning skills
• Ability to thrive under pressure with limited support
• Effective and persuasive communication skills
• Excellent inter-personal, presentational and public speaking skills
• High level community engagement skills including Planning, communication, presentation, facilitation, event management, evaluation, report writing and correspondence a Good computer skills, including practiced knowledge and experience in word-processing, spreadsheet (Excel) skills.
• Ability to effectively use the internet and the social media.
• Excellent ability to communicate and maintain diplomatic and productive relations with the learnt: resourcefulness, flexibility and ability to work in a changing and challenging environment.
• Project Management skills;
• Experience of project delivery.
Interested and qualified candidates should send a one-page application letter with a maximum 3 page CV, and a scanned passport photograph between 11/03/16 to 17/03/16 Thanks
CENGSSUD Career Department.
Watch out for: