Posted by SGG - VERIFIED EMPLOYER VERIFIED 3 Mar 5:52 pmIkeja, Lagos
Responsibilities: Head of Personnel
• Monitor staffing levels, identify staff vacancies, anticipate future staffing requirements in line with strategic plans, recruit and select candidates.
• Induction – Provide current and prospective employee with information above policies, procedures and working conditions.
• Ensure for all recruitment exercises that reports are documented and filed.
• Conduct needs assessments to determine when training is necessary and the type of training necessary to improve performance and productivity.
• Collate staff for appraisal and inform unit heads, send form to staff and set date for review.
• Communicate result to staff and implement decision made.
• File relevant document that arise from the process.
• Monitor and review the system of performance appraisal and continually develop as necessary, ensuring that monthly and annual appraisals are carried out in a timely manner and followed up.
• Select the qualified staff for oversea training and arrange the appropriate travel incentives
• Perform Reference Checks.
• Issue appointment letters.
• Open and update personnel file.
Skills / Industry Qualifications Required:
• Experience in developing systems and processes for effective running of the Organisation.
• Ability to build rapport quickly .
• Strong understanding of the Nigeria Labour laws.
• Experience in liaising with External Stakeholders.
• Experience in preparing relevant management reports .
• Good experience in documentation, record keeping, data management etc.
• Familiarity across the recruitment process, including induction at a senior level.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and oral.
• Sound judgment and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Experienced user of MS Excel, MS Word & power point.
• Well organized with strong time management skills.
• Knowledge of Principles, practices and techniques of administration, organization and operation.
• Ability to lead, manage, direct and evaluate staff.
• Apply appropriate independent initiative, discretion, judgment and organizational skills to a variety of projects, assignments and situations.
• A university degree or its equivalent, in Human Resources, Business Administration, International Relations, Social Sciences, Psychology or related areas. .
• Minimum of 5 years post NYSC relevant professional Experience in an Administrative / Human resources capacity is compulsory for the office of head of personnel.
• A minimum of two years working experience is a stepping stone for Administrative Officer .
• Language Proficiency Fluency in English
Education Level Required: Bachelor
Experience Required to qualify for consideration: 7 to 10 Years
Watch out for: