Posted by Sonak Investment Limited-VERIFIED EMPLOYER VERIFIED28 Mar 12:04 pmApapa-Iganmu, Lagos
Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.
Job Duties and Tasks for:
1) Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
2) Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
3) Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
4) Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
5) Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts.
6) Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
7) Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
8) Prepare forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel, and direct their work activities.
9) Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
10) Work as Internal Revenue Service agents.
11) Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
12) Provide internal and external auditing services for businesses and individuals.
13) Advise clients in areas such as compensation, employee health care benefits, the design of accounting and data processing systems, and long-range tax and estate plans.
14) Investigate bankruptcies and other complex financial transactions and prepare reports summarizing the findings.
15) Represent clients before taxing authorities and provide support during litigation involving financial issues.
16) Appraise, evaluate, and inventory real property and equipment, recording information such as the property's description, value, and location.
17) Maintain and examine the records of government agencies.
18) Serve as bankruptcy trustees and business valuators.
Watch out for: