Stay safe on Efritin.com
At Efritin.com we are 100% committed to making sure that your experience on our site is as safe as possible.
Here you can find advice on how to stay safe while trading on Efritin.com.
General safety advice
Keep things local. Where available, use Buy Now and have items delivered to you directly. If meeting the seller in person, check the item and make sure you are satisfied with it before you make a payment. Do not pay money in advance to any seller, even for delivery.
- Exchange item and payment at the same time. Buyers – don't make any payments before receiving an item. Sellers – don't send an item before receiving payment.
- Use common sense. Avoid anything that appears too good to be true, such as unrealistically low prices and promises of quick money.
- Check who is asking before sharing personal information. This includes your email address and password, bank account details, eBay/PayPal info or any other information that could be misused. Please verify requests for such details with our Customer Support team at 0700EFRITIN (07003374846).
Scams and frauds to watch out for
- Fake payment services. Efritin.com does not offer any form of payment scheme or protection. Please report any emails claiming to offer such services. Avoid using online payment services or escrow sites unless you are 100% sure that they are genuine.
- Fake information requests. Efritin.com never sends emails requesting your personal details. If you receive an email asking you to provide your personal details to us, do not open any links. Please report the email and delete it.
- Fake payment requests. When making payments to Efritin.com, make all payments directly to your dedicated account manager or the applicable Efritin.com account number (Delivers: Zenith Bank -1014582702, Memberships: Zenith Bank - 1014582719, Premium listings: Zenith Bank -1014582726). If you don't know who your account manager is, please contact us at 0700EFRITIN (07003374846).
- Requests to use money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. These services are not meant for transactions between strangers and many scams are run through them. Avoid requests to use these services.
Efritin.com's safety measures
We work continuously to ensure you have a safe, enjoyable experience on Efritin.com.
Our safety measures include:
- Hiding your email address on ads you post to protect you from spam.
- Giving you the option to hide your phone number on ads you post to protect you from spam.
- Making constant improvements to our technology to detect and prevent suspicious or inappropriate activity behind the scenes.
- Tracking reports of suspicious or illegal activity to prevent offenders from using the site again.
Reporting a safety issue
If you feel that you have been the victim of a scam, please report your situation to us immediately. If you have been cheated, we also recommend that you contact your local police department.
Efritin.com is committed to ensuring the privacy of its users and therefore does not share information about its users publicly. However, we are committed to the safety of our users and will cooperate with the police department should we receive any requests for information in connection with fraudulent or other criminal activity.