Posted by Mc Timothy Associates- VERIFIED EMPLOYER VERIFIED26 Jan 9:47 amIkeja, Lagos
Mc Timothy is a full service Management consulting, Recruitment and Business Training firm that enables business greatness and effectiveness through customer-centric innovative solutions. We provide leading edge management strategy and HR infrastructure support with exceptional customer service leading to improved performance of our client organisations.
Our client requires the services of an experienced person to fill the post as a Workshop Manager.
• Analyze current procedures and activities to identify and present opportunities for improvement of the workshop.
• Ensure that the department is adequately staffed to achieve objectives, and that technicians are aware of procedures for using new products and equipment.
• Facilitate the orientation of new team members in collaboration with the Workshop Supervisor by familiarizing them with work surroundings, explaining work hours, procedures, use of equipment and job expectations and ensure that new team members understand their respective duties.
• Maintain good relationships with customers.
• Ensure adequate maintenance of tools, equipment and other materials in the Service Area.
• Facilitate the training and development of team members in the department, by providing feedback and coaching to support improvements in their job performance.
• Conduct annual Performance Appraisal for Workshop Personnel.
• Provide advice and technical assistance to team members.
• Evaluate the impact of work delays, interruptions or changes in plans to develop appropriate course of actions.
• Monitor workflow to anticipate impact of delays due to team members being absent for leaves, holidays or sickness.
• Review customers service orders and inspect the quality of a technician repairs before the release of vehicles.
• Review work orders to ensure that all actions have been documented according to Service Workshop policies and procedures.
• Plan and adjust the workloads of department personnel to match their skills and abilities.
• Plan and prepare annual budget for the department and facilities, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions. Follow up closely during implementation.
• Coordinate with sales department and arrange for delivery of equipment to customers.
• Maintain communication with GM headquarters to obtain security information, report unusual concerns and share new ideas that may contribute to improved Workshop operations.
• Experience in the automobile industry
• 5 years experience managing an automotive workshop, particularly attached to a dealership
• P&L experience
• Familiarity with American vehicles (GM preferred)
• Automotive systems (vehicle layout, function and location of parts)
• Knowledge of mechanical issues, warranties, service and general repairs
• Organizational ability
• Detail oriented
• Technically competent with ability to train others
• Customer service ability
• Energy and drive.
• High integrity and professionalism.
• Good communication ability both verbally and in writing.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office Package
• Leading & Supervising
• Team Orientation
• Customer & Quality Focus
Interested applicant should forward their CV to the email or click "Apply button".
Application Deadline is 26-Feburary-2016
Watch out for: