Posted by DIGITAL - VERIFIED EMPLOYER VERIFIED13 Feb 9:27 amIkeja, Lagos
Responsible for maintaining websites. Ensure sites are functioning properly and are available to users. Tests speed of access and improves upon loading speed.
• Maintain websites for clients and businesses.
• Ensure the web servers, hardware and software are operating accurately.
• Design websites.
• Generate and revise web pages.
• Examine and analyze site traffic.
• Configure web servers such as Apache.
• Serve as the server administrator.
• Regulate and manage access rights of different users on website.
• Create and modify appearance and setting of site.
• Lay out content on web pages.
• Deal with and respond to heavy volumes of email.
• Decide what kind of computer will hold a web site's information.
• Test websites to see if there are any parts that are difficult to use.
• Meet with designers to agree on site's design.
• Fix links that don't work and pictures that aren't appearing properly.
• Decide how site's content will be delivered to the Internet.
• Keep files small so sites load faster.
• Test different browsers and ensure people with different computers can access a website.
Watch out for: