Posted by smoothtechvalue - VERIFIED EMPLOYER VERIFIED13 Feb 2:46 pmIkeja, Lagos
Smoothtech value seeks an innovative and accomplished engineer to join a high performing, self-directed, results oriented team with a passion for delivering excellent quality and value. Reporting to the Director of Physical Plant, the Utility Manager is responsible for the safe, sustainable, and efficient planning, operation and maintenance of the utilities infrastructure of smoothtechvalue.
• The Utility Manager is responsible for the organization automation system and selection, monitoring, purchasing and control of wide consumption of utilities, but not limited to electricity (including solar generated electricity), gas, oil, water, and sewer.
• Explores, and where feasible, applies creative methods and financial instruments for short and long term purchase of utility commodities in the energy markets.
• Develops scope of work, schedules, solicits bids, negotiates and manages the purchase of utilities.
• Explores opportunities to develop and implement “sustainable” energy solutions (e.g. solar power, geothermal energy) toward the goal of reducing carbon emissions.
• Develops, promotes, and manages comprehensive energy projects to address envelope insulation, water conservation, alternative energy, replacement of inefficient equipment, gas conservations, lighting upgrades, etc. Prepares applications for energy rebates from public utilities and explores grant opportunities for energy conservation.
• Creates and maintains multi-year scheduled equipment and systems maintenance and replacement schedules. Coordinates system outages to minimize disruption with all end users.
• Works closely with Department of Environmental Health and Safety and all other departments to assure in house and contract staff receive all required occupational safety training and provide a safe, secure and hazard free environment.
• Plans, schedules, and directs daily activities of energy manager.
• Works with project managers to ensure that utility infrastructure needs are defined and addressed during new construction and major renovations.
• Responds to emergency calls for assistance when needed after hours, on weekends and holidays and may be required to fulfill on-call manager responsibilities.
• Performs all other duties assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, building operations or related field plus a minimum of 3 to 10 years combined experience in infrastructure operations and maintenance including central power plant and distribution systems, chilled water system balancing, building automation systems.
• Demonstrated skills in engineering and business analytical reporting,controls, utility and electrical distribution systems.
• Working Knowledge of all local, state and national building and fire codes and other regulations applicable to area of responsibility including but not limited to: NFPA, OSHA, EPA.
• Proper use of personal protective equipment related to trade.
• Knowledge of Material Safety Data Sheets and proper waste disposal methods.
• Demonstrated ability to read, interpret and build to blueprints, drawings and specifications. Demonstrate effective cost and schedule management.
• Establish goals, work standards and expectations. Effective oral and written communication skills. Strong customer service competencies and customer follow-up.
• Desktop computer skills including proficient use of MS Word, Excel, internet, e-mail and maintenance management systems.
• Must have and maintain a valid State of Connecticut driver’s license and safe driving skills.
• Experience writing, interpreting, and enforcing maintenance contracts and utility purchase agreements.
• Registered Professional Engineer in Connecticut.
• Proficiency in Microsoft ACCESS and PowerPoint and Utility Manager software products.
• Experience working with labor unions.
Watch out for: