Posted by DIGITAL - VERIFIED EMPLOYER VERIFIED13 Feb 9:28 amIkeja, Lagos
Responsible for designing and developing software. Creates, tests, and evaluates software applications and systems to make computers function.
• Design and develop software.
• Test software applications and systems.
• Develop different types of software, including computer games, business applications, operating systems, network control systems, and middleware.
• Apply knowledge of computing systems and software structure.
• Analyze users' needs.
• Create flowcharts, diagrams, and other documentation.
• Create manuals and detailed sets of instructions including algorithms that tell computers what to do.
• Convert instructions into computer languages.
• Construct, deploy, and maintain general computer applications software or specialized utility programs.
• Use programming languages such as C, C++, Java, and Python.
• Develop packaged computer applications.
• Create customized applications for businesses.
• Develop databases.
• Coordinate the construction and maintenance of computer systems.
• Coordinate department needs and make suggestions regarding its technical direction.
• Set up organization's intranets.
• Design and implement system security and data assurance.
• Configure, implement, and install the computer systems of other organizations.
• Identify and explain needed changes.
• Ensure security across systems being configured.
Watch out for: