Posted by Adeoti Oginni - VERIFIED EMPLOYER VERIFIED 4 Mar 9:48 pmIru/Victoria Island, Lagos
1. DEAL ORIGINATION
Scanning of the business environment for relevant opportunities
Present the perceived opportunities to management for directions and advise
Prepare proposals and pitches with the aim of winning a mandate
2. RESEARCH AND ANALYSIS
Identifying opportunities in the market
Reviewing client documentation to make a business case for the transaction by carrying out pre-assessment on prospective transaction to facilitate the in-house decision making process as well as helping management advice client appropriately. This involves analysis to identifying inherent risks, SWOT analysis, analysing transaction structure, etc.
Reviewing client’s related industry to better understand the business of client.
Determine means to support the proposed funding structure, risk mitigation and creating a roadmap for the transaction
Preparation of Teasers or papers on the client’s industry to better aid management decision making and advice on the direction to pursue.
3. CLIENT & PEER RELATIONS/FOLLOW UP
Primary contact person for all transaction parties
Manage client relationship vis-a-vis transaction deliverables and update
Preparing for calls and meeting with clients
Ensure that a high degree of cordial and professional relationship exists with team members, customers and other division with the company
Constant follow up with parties to ensure proper coordination and flow of the transaction.
Follow up with client to ensure that our fees are paid as at when due.
Preparing proposals for prospective clients
Preparing information memorandum and other documents for filling applications with lenders
Setting up meetings and liaising with the company’s back office staff at relevant times.
Providing reports/updates on transaction status to management
Providing strategic support to management and other subsidiaries of the company
Recovery of outstanding unpaid fees owed by clients
Filling of transaction documents
6. BUDGET MANAGEMENT
Prepare projects & infrastructure unit’s budget in a timely manner
Ensure targets are met, monitor the targets and incomes
• Ensure that expenses are within budget
• Aggressive market instincts
• Good knowledge of excel and good financial modelling and valuation skills
• Good understanding of strategic marketing challenges and ability to develop appropriate plans
• Knowledge in both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
• Excellent leadership, negotiation, marketing, planning and organisational skills
• Excellent relationship management and strategic networking skills at the highest level in the private and public sectors
• Sound knowledge of global trends in the investment banking and business development industry
• Good international exposure to trainings, seminars and workshop
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent Financial management skills
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Efficient team management skills
• Good organisational skills
• Good attention to details with high level of accuracy
Watch out for: