Posted by Funmi Adesanya - VERIFIED EMPLOYER VERIFIED18 Feb 3:54 pmIkoyi-Obalende, Lagos
To contribute to the planning, formulation and assessment of the programs managed by the Foundation through review and analysis of program proposals, performance monitoring, program evaluation and assessment, and reporting.
Contribute to the design and implementation of program policy.
Provide conceptual and strategic leadership to issues of interest to the Foundation.
Conceptualize, write, present and draft proposals on selected program issues; design and convene seminars, workshops and conferences.
Identify and maintain ongoing relationships with a wide range of stakeholders and represent the Foundation at meetings.
Contribute to the Foundation’s over all vision and mission to promote, advocate, and reduce poverty, disaster-risk reduction as well as the overall development and strengthening of the organization.
Strategically think and plan for development of program direction and initiatives.
Work with other departments to ensure synergy of policy and communication efforts.
Serve as resource on policy formation for all staffs, partners and donors.
Strategically think and plan for development of program direction and initiatives
Involve in planning and execution of the projects and initiatives in collaboration with MMF Team
Develop and maintain adequate resource files and database for assigned program area
Carry out various research project for MMF as it is required
Work with the program coordinator and other staff members to successfully carry out their function
Work with the Program coordinator to design and convene seminars, workshops and conferences for external training programs
Develops in–depths knowledge of assigned areas including current issues and key resource people and organization and a clear understanding of how they fit into the foundation interest
Develop proposals, formulate recommendations for funding and grants opportunities
Develop full-scale projects plans and associated documents.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Demonstrated leadership qualities
2. Sound knowledge of policies, practices and procedures applied in connection with emergency relief, rehabilitation and development issues; of capacity building tools and techniques; of peace building and conflict resolution:
3. Strong analytical skills and understanding of results-oriented planning, budgeting and evaluation.
4. Ability to present and communicate information clearly both orally and in writing.
5. Demonstrated interpersonal skills, showing tact in dealing with staffs at all levels; and ability to adapt and interact effectively in a multicultural team with respect and sensitivity for diversity
6. Initiative and ability to work without supervision.
7. Fund raising
Education, Experience and Language Skills
• University degree with Upper Credit in Social Science, and relevant combination of experience and training
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience as Program Officer in an international organization
• Experience in project planning, formulation, monitoring and assessment in an NGO setting;
• Firm understanding on current issues in disaster-risk reduction, policy advocacy, maternal health, poverty reduction, etc;
• Fluent in written and oral English
Watch out for: