Posted by DIGITAL - VERIFIED EMPLOYER VERIFIED13 Feb 9:30 amIkeja, Lagos
Responsible for installing and maintaining computer communication networks at a company or organization. Ensures networks are running smoothly and upgrades networks to provide maximum performance.
• Install computer networks such as local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), the Internet, intranets, and other data communications systems.
• Install server hardware and software infrastructure.
• Set up user accounts and passwords.
• Monitor network usage and security.
• Manage email, spam, and virus protection.
• Ensure networks are running smoothly.
• Troubleshoot and restore systems after crashes.
• Retrieve forgotten passwords.
• Undertake routine preventative measures and implement, maintain and monitor network security.
• Supervise help desk technicians.
• Ensure systems comply with industry standards.
• Keep internal networks running smoothly.
• Support administration of servers and server clusters.
• Manage system back up.
• Restore protocol.
• Document network problems.
• Support network and computing infrastructure.
• Install and maintain network services, equipment, and various devices.
• Oversee software security
Watch out for: