For sale by Ashaolu Olawale VERIFIED25 Oct 1:48 pmIkorodu, Lagos
Locust bean, commonly referred to as iru by Yorubas, ‘ogiri’, ‘dawa dawa’ by Igbos, is a local seasoning or condiment used in soups and stews. A very popular soup ingredient, globally, it is referred to as African locust bean with the botanical name as Parkia biglobosa.
5 UNBELIEVABLE Health Benefits Of African Cherry (Agbalumo, Udara) The most valuable parts of the locust bean are high in lipid (29%), protein (35%), carbohydrate (16%), and is a good source of fat and calcium for rural dwellers.
1. The fermented locust bean seed is used in controlling diabetes and cholesterol level.
2. It helps to promote good sight and aids digestion.
3. It is used for treating stroke and hypertension.
4. The water and alcoholic extracts of fermented locust bean is used to reduce blood sugar.
5. It is used in the management of bacterial infections.
6. The locust bean contains tannins, which is often recommended for the treatment of diarrhoea.
7. It is a potential benefit for enhancing weight loss.
Watch out for: