Posted by Veron Concept VERIFIED30 Jul 10:05 amYaba, Lagos
Human resources (HR) officers develop advice on and implement policies relating to the effective use of personnel within the organization. Training and development opportunities are available to employees to enhance their performance and achieve our goal.
These cover areas such as:
• working practices;
• conditions of employment;
• negotiation with external work-related agencies;
• Equality and diversity.
HR officer must be able to devise and implement policies which select, develop and retain the right staff needed to meet these objectives.
HR officer not only deal with staff welfare and administration-centered activities, but also strategy and planning. Responsibilities include:
• working closely with various departments, increasingly in a consultancy role, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures;
• promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organization;
• liaising with a wide range of people involved in policy areas such as staff performance and health and safety;
• recruiting staff - this includes developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates;
• developing and implementing policies on issues like working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management;
• preparing staff handbooks;
• advising on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits;
• undertaking regular salary reviews;
• negotiating with staff and their representatives (for example, trade union officials) on issues relating to pay and conditions;
• administering payroll and maintaining employee records;
• interpreting and advising on employment law;
• dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures;
• developing with line managers HR planning strategies which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements;
• planning, and sometimes delivering, training - including inductions for new staff;
• analyzing training needs in conjunction with departmental managers.
Minimum of BSc. in Business Administration, Human Resources or Management related course.
Minimum of 5 years experience in Recruitment, Human Resources or consulting firm.
Studied Abroad will be added advantages
High proficiency in MS Office applications.
Not above 30 years old.
Have consultative sales approach with positive mentality.
Good presentation, influencing & interpersonal skills.
Effective verbal, listening & written communication skills.
Knowledge of Nigeria labour laws.
Sound work ethics.
Fair & hardworking.
Excellent organizational & leadership skills.
Watch out for: