Posted by Dembal Consult - VERIFIED EMPLOYER VERIFIED26 Jan 5:55 pmLagos Mainland, Lagos
An HR officer must have a clear understanding of their employer's business objectives and be able to devise and implement policies which select, develop and retain the right staff needed to meet these objectives.
• Working closely with various departments, increasingly in a consultancy role, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures;
• Promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation;
• Liaising with a wide range of people involved in policy areas such as staff performance and health and safety;
• Recruiting staff - this includes developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates;
• Developing and implementing policies on issues like working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management;
• Preparing staff handbooks;
• Advising on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits;
• Undertaking regular salary reviews;
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENT:
1. Applicant should possess minimum of OND/HND degree.
2. Working experience is added advantage.
3. Must be able to work under less supervision
4. Must possess a good quality of team spirit.
Watch out for: