Posted by ROYALE PREMIUM - VERIFIED EMPLOYER VERIFIED24 Feb 12:28 pmLagos Mainland, Lagos
Our client, a well- known service provider, is situated in Lagos and requires the service of a qualified candidate who resides within Lagos to fill the position.
• Reviews and prepares financial statements and accounting reports for departmental management and agencies.
• Develops guidelines for the maintenance and reconciliation of financial data; maintains and reconciles the more difficult financial control records for expenditures, allotments, receipts, and encumbrances.
• Designs, revises, and implements accounting systems and procedures in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and theories.
• Conducts surveys to prepare recommendations for improvements, controls, new methods, and other changes to improve the efficiency of accounting systems.
• Reviews budgets and prepares related budget documents.
• Designs cost classification systems; develops guidelines to assign cost classifications to expenditures.
• Determines and analyzes direct and indirect costs in order to determine the cost of consumption per program.
• Conducts cost studies and implements cost allocation plans.
• Provides consultation to local governmental units and others regarding accounting systems and generally accepted accounting principles and theories.
• Maintains records and prepares reports and correspondence related to the work.
• Performs related work as assigned.
• compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts
• Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
• Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met
• Prepare financial management reports
• Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
• Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures
• Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
• Continuous management and support of budget and forecast activities
• Monitor and support taxation issues
• Develop and maintain financial data bases
• Financial audit preparation and coordinate the audit process
• Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses
• Analyze and advise on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues
• Analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting theories, principles, methods, practices, and terminology.
• Knowledge of office practices and procedures and routine office supplies and equipment.
• Knowledge of the application of data processing and terminology as it applies to maintaining financial control and accounting records.
• Knowledge of techniques commonly used in locating errors in accounting records.
• Knowledge of generally accepted auditing principles, procedures, and practices.
• Knowledge of cost accounting and cost funding procedures.
• Knowledge of governmental accounting and budgeting principles and procedures.
• Knowledge of federal grant procedures and reports.
• Ability to collect and organize accounting data, interprets its significance, and prepares accurate financial reports.
• Ability to present accounting data in a clear and understandable manner to both technical and non-technical users.
• Ability to solve difficult and complex accounting and related financial problems.
• Ability to analyze and recommend improvements in accounting systems.
• Ability to maintain records and prepare reports and correspondence related to the work.
• Ability to communicate effectively with others.
• Ability to maintain favourable public relations.
• Ability to organize and coordinate the work of others.
• Ability to set priorities and assign work to other professionals
• Applicant must post minimum of HND or BSC from a well recognized institution in a related filed
• Must have 3 – 5 year working experience
• IT knowledge is compulsory
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should send their comprehensive C V to company's e-mail address
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Watch out for: