Posted by Veron Concept VERIFIED30 Jul 9:41 amYaba, Lagos
Financial Analyst is responsible for providing financial advice and support to clients and colleagues to enable them to make sound business decisions.
• providing and interpreting financial information;
• monitoring and interpreting cash flows and predicting future trends;
• analyzing change and advising accordingly;
• formulating strategic and long-term business plans;
• researching and reporting on factors influencing business performance;
• analyzing competitors and market trends;
• developing financial management mechanisms that minimize financial risk;
• conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities;
• managing a company's financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems;
• liaising with auditors to ensure annual monitoring is carried out;
• developing external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organizations such as the Inland Revenue;
• producing accurate financial reports to specific deadlines;
• managing budgets;
• arranging new sources of finance for a company's debt facilities;
• supervising staff;
• Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
Minimum of Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting or Finance from a respected Institution.
Public Accounting Background and experience at large.
Minimum of 2 years of progressive experience.
Ability to delegate work responsibility with strong interpersonal skills.
Problem solving and strategizing capabilities.
Demonstrated abilities to build relationships and communicate with peers, subordinates and executive management.
System implementation and upgrading experience.
Progressive experience leading teams and managing projects.
Watch out for: