Posted by SGG - VERIFIED EMPLOYER VERIFIED25 Jan 11:31 amIkeja, Lagos
About the Job
Position Objective: Responsible for the organization and co-ordination of office operations, procedures and resources to facilitate organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety
- Ensure smooth flow of work processes at the office. This includes identifying inefficient, inconsistent or undefined processes; establishing improved workflows; and getting employee buy-in and participation in change.
- Serve as office receptionist: answer phones and welcome guests.
- Act as the point person for maintenance, mail, shopping, supplies, equipment and errands. Manage related budgets.
- Maintain a safe, clean, efficient office. Keep shared work and meeting spaces, including kitchen and bathrooms, tidy, stocked and orderly.
- Manage electronic and physical filing systems. Maintain/purge files according to company policy.
- Oversee company subscriptions, memberships and sponsorships,
- Maintain Outlook calendar for CEO and support CEO in managing calendar meetings and events (preparation, confirming appointments, reminders, etc.).
- Make professional conference reservations and arrange travel and hotel accommodations for staff.
- Coordinate bimonthly board meetings, including lunch; take minutes, distribute board packets.
- Coordinate company events (lunches, bus tours, etc.). Manage event budgets.
- Support Finance Department
- Support Communication/Development/Admin Officer
- Troubleshoot office equipment issues and coordinate repairs.
- Serve as in-house expert on Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Represent the company positively and appropriately at community/industry events.
- Proactively follow trends in office management and organizational effectiveness; make recommendations for improvements.
- Oversee onboarding of new employees
- Stay updated on technical and professional knowledge by attending workshops, joining professional associations and building networks with fellow administrative professionals.
- Acquire and/or maintain Notary Public designation and capabilities.
- Proactively identify new opportunities to support staff in completing work and achieving mission.
- Four or more years of proven office management, administrative or executive assistant experience.
- Strong administrative skills with proficiency working with software such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), data management, and website publishing. Knowledge of Accountability Software a plus.
- Able to work independently with little or no supervision and accept responsibility and ownership at it relates to the positions duties and expectations.
- Strong reasoning and analytical skills.
- Able to earn trust of staff and clients by keeping sensitive information confidential.
- Self-starter, able to anticipate, identify and solve problems.
- Exceedingly well organized and flexible, able to juggle multiple priorities at once.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Strong proofreading ability.
- Quality-minded with unquestionable attention to detail.
- Positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills, able to work with people at all organizational/community levels.
- Team player, committed to working in a collaborative, team environment.
- HND OR Bsc
- Community development, real estate or banking background.
Watch out for: