Posted by PC RECRUIT NIGERIA MEMBER 9 Mar 8:29 amIkoyi-Obalende, Lagos
Our client, a professional body with office in Lagos Island requires the services of a suitably qualified candidate for this position.
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER (COO)
A Chief Operating Officer (COO) is the corporate executive who oversees ongoing business operations within the organization. The COO reports to the CEO (Chief Executive Officer) and is usually second-in-command within the organization.
Reporting to the Registrar/Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Chief Operating Officer (COO) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for all The Institute programs and will manage a group of program directors. As the chief program officer of The Institute, s/he will provide leadership to the Institute’s strategic planning process and will implement new programmatic strategic initiatives. In addition, the COO will: provide coordination for the Institute’s senior management team; serve as liaison to The Institute’s partners; and work with The Institute’s Board of Directors to keep them abreast of programmatic strategies and challenges.
The COO will partner with the CEO and her/his peers (the chief financial officer (CFO), director of development, and director of human resources) and will be responsible for developing, implementing, and managing the operational aspects of the annual budget. Finally, the COO will cultivate existing relationships with public and private funders.
Program Operational Leadership:
• Provide effective and inspiring leadership by being actively involved in all programs and services, developing a broad and deep knowledge of all programs.
• Identify opportunities for The Institute to leverage cross-program strengths to take advantage of new opportunities and/or to address organizational challenges.
• Lead, coach, develop, and retain The Institute’s high-performance senior management team with an emphasis on developing capacity in strategic analysis and planning and program budgeting.
• Develop and implement training programs and retreats to expand the capacity of all staff.
• Prepare and submit an annual operational budget, manage effectively within this budget, and report accurately on progress made and challenges encountered.
• Ensure the continued financial viability of The Institute’s operational units through sound fiscal management.
External Relationship Development:
• Manage and cultivate existing relationships with funders to secure and expand recurring revenue streams.
• Publicly represent The Institute with the media and external constituency groups including community, governmental, and private organizations and build excitement for The Institute’s mission.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with extensive program management experience to grow and further develop a proven program that has already made significant impact. The successful candidate will partner with the CEO and work collaboratively with a high-performance management team.
Specific requirements include:
• Minimum BSc/BA degree with at least 10 years of experience and a track record in senior program management.
• MBA will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of 45 years of age.
• Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach a senior-level staff to manage and develop high-performance teams and develop and implement program strategies.
• Deep experience in program budgeting and fiscal management.
• Track record of effectively leading a direct service organize with a complex array of programs with the ability to leverage strengths across program areas; excellent project management skills.
• Analytic and decisive decision maker with the ability to prioritize and communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals.
• Ability to point to specific examples of having led organizational transformation projects and program development.
• Past experience managing human resources function including personnel, compensation, and recruiting.
• Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
• Fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent public speaking skills.
• Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and innovative approach to operational management.
• Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
Salary: Attractive but negotiable
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested and qualified candidates should apply via the email
Application Deadline : 15th March 2016
Watch out for:
Helping To Build Your Career Path.