Posted by DIGITAL - VERIFIED EMPLOYER VERIFIED28 Mar 5:35 amIkeja, Lagos
Responsible for the technological direction of a company. Proposes budgets for programs and projects, purchases and upgrades equipment, supervises computer specialists and IT workers, and presides over IT-related projects.
• Provide technological guidance within an organization.
• Supervise information system and communications network.
• Develop and implement a customer service platform to serve the organization in every aspect.
• Design, establish, and maintain a network infrastructure for local and wide area connectivity and remote access.
• Consult with administration, department managers, and manufacturing representatives to exchange information, present new approaches, and to discuss equipment/system changes.
• Participate in vendor contract negotiations for all new computer equipment and software purchased for the corporation.
• Create a cost-benefit analysis as well as supporting a detailed definition of data requirements and departmental workflows.
• Oversee Internet and computer operations.
• Manages the day-to-day operations of the information technology department including directing staff, who support administrative computing, networking, user services, telecommunications and other information technology functions.
• Assess and anticipate technology projects and recommend appropriate action and resources.
• Establish and direct the strategic and tactical goals, policies, and procedures for the information technology department.
• Propose hardware/software solutions to accomplish the company's business objectives.
• Identify user needs and resolve problems.
Watch out for: