Posted by Yotega Yummies MEMBER17 Feb 12:11 pmEti Osa East, Lagos
Yotega Yummies is a one-stop-shop for all kinds of cakes, located in Ajao Estate. We make Birthday cakes, Wedding Drip cakes, Novelty cakes, Corporate cakes, valentine cakes ,and weekend cakes and also deliver the cakes to any location. We are currently and urgently seeking to employ the services of BAKERS:
• Measure and mix ingredients to make breads, rolls, pies, pizzas and cakes
• Weigh materials in order to ensure appropriate quantity
• Cut dough into equal parts to ensure that each batch has a uniform appearance
• Mould dough into appropriate shapes
• Place dough into appropriate pans
• Place pans in ovens and set oven temperature
• Adjust thermostats in order to ensure that appropriate heat is being transmitted
• Remove baked goods from the oven and place on cooling racks
• Spread sprinkles and other decoration on baked goods
• Prepare icings according to recipes and decorate baked goods appropriately.
. Ensure that correct quantities of batches is being made
• Ensure appropriate storage of baking utensils and supplies
• Make sure that baking equipment is cleaned and maintained properly
• Ensure compliance with food safety standards
• Oversee cleanliness and sanitation of work area and equipment
• Manage inventory of supplies and order supplies before they run out
• Clean display cases and replace near expiry baked products with fresh baked goods
• Train new hires in baking techniques
• Package baked good appropriately and place pricing stickers
• Knowledge of baking goods with hands and baking machinery
• Familiar with different types of dough and pastries
• Solid knowhow of creating and following baking menus
• Experience in using baking equipment such as rolling pins and ovens
• Substantial knowledge of improvising on present recipes in order to bring out new flavors
• Excellent background in developing and testing new recipes
• Extensive knowledge of raw materials and their uses in baking
• Trained in high volume production of baking goods
• Expert in handling flaky pastry baking techniques
• Background in managing specialty desserts such as gingerbread cookies and cupcakes
• Proficient in making fondant and decorating cakes and cupcakes with fondue
• Well-versed in menu planning, inventory management and ingredient costing
• Trained in grating and shaving chocolate in order to meet recipe standards
• Knowledge of different types of flour and sugar needed for different baked goods
• Capable of handling production of different types of baking products at the same time
• Adept at folding ingredients together to ensure that the end product is without flaws
• Specially trained in cake decoration and icing techniques
• Long term interest in mould dough, grease pans and trimming edges
• Particularly effective in using hand-held cake decoration instruments
• Track record of maintaining baking instruments and equipment.
Qualification and Experience
Certification from any reputable Catering institute or University.
Not less than 3years experience in baking.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should submit their CVS via the ' apply here tab' using the position as the subject of the mail.
Application deadline: 21st March, 2016.
Watch out for:
Cakes To Live For