Posted by Ibrahim Bayero VERIFIED11 Nov 10:34 amIkeja, Lagos
AGRICULTURAL PRODUCE QUALITY OFFICER ( PART TIME)
A newly established company engaged in exportation of agricultural produce requires the services of a quality officer.
Duties include :
1. Grading and weighing of agricultural produce using internationally recognised methods.
2. Sampling, inspection and testing of produce at source premises,farm or processing plant to determine purity, admixture, pest contamination, presence of foreign material, moisture content etc.
3. Develop procedures and practices to preserve the quality of produce as it transits from source to seaport and while in storage. The officer will be responsible for supervising loading and unloading from various modes of transport and offer advise when absent.
4. Offer advice on the best packaging for various produce .
5. Liase with government inspection agencies such as the national plant quarantine service.
6. Ensure produce meets all the requirements specified by the plant protection agency of the importing country.
7. Maintaining an accurate record of all produce acquired and making inputs into export documentation values such as weights etc.
8. Correct labeling of Produce packaging.
The Ideal candidate
1. Based in Kaduna ,Kano,Lagos,Zaria and ready to travel outside base to carry out inspections.
2. 30 years old or less
3. Post secondary school education in the field of agricultural science, biology or other relevant fields
4. Secondary school levers from agricultural science based technical schools can apply.
5. Computer literate with documentary proof, in particular word, excel and internet research.
6. Ownership of a laptop or phone capable of internet connectivity.
7. Driving ability is an added advantage.
8. Prior experience in any of the duties listed above is desirable
9. This is a part time position, preference will be given to students still in school
10. Applicants that have access to their school laboratory for conducting various quality tests are prefered.
If interested, kindly scan and email the following documents via the apply link provided.
a. Hand written application letter
b. government Identity card
c. all credentials
d. bank account number for salary payment
e. two referees in Lagos or Kaduna which must not be family members
f. recent full body photograph
Watch out for: