Posted by DAILY NEED RESOURCES-VERIFIED EMPLOYER VERIFIED16 Apr 9:55 amLagos Mainland, Lagos
Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties
Provide clerical and administrative support to Human Resources executives
Compile and update employee records (hard and soft copies)
Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations etc)
Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc) and take minutes
Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations
Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, bonus, leaves, etc)
Communicate with public services when necessary
Properly handle complaints and grievance procedures
Conduct initial orientation to newly hired employees
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
• Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
• Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
• Written Communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
• Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
Watch out for: