Posted by Chioma - VERIFIED SELLER VERIFIED18 Feb 4:09 pmLagos Mainland, Lagos
Responsible for carrying out period close activities and preparation of periodic financial statements for external/internal reporting.
Responsible for managing and ensuring timely entry of transactions to the sub-ledgers and its subsequent reconciliation into general ledger.
• Timely preparation of trial balances from the sub-ledger and general ledger for period close activities.
• Maintenance of various accounting areas like fixed assets, parts inventory, cash, reconciliation of accounts and resolving any reconciling item.
• Analyzes transaction data for the purpose of identifying potential budget variances, compiling statistical information.
• Developing procedures, and conforming to established financial practices and regulatory requirements.
• Preparing timetable for the submission of required reports to the regulatory or statutory bodies and notifying the relevant units of required reports based on the timetable.
• Resolving variances in period close activities with various departments.
• Responsible for the maintenance of assigned general ledger accounts.
• Prepares and maintain complex journal entries in the respective accounting books
• Timely preparation of monthly journal entries and the reconciliation of the accounts and related schedules
• Verify and maintain supporting documents/bills for all accounting transactions
• Assists with payroll accounting (e.g. calculating payroll tax deposits, reconciles payroll data etc.) for the purpose of providing requested supporting documentation, information on internal processes, and/or coordinating activities
• Carry out any other duty as requested by the Line Manager
Minimum of HND/B.Sc. in Accounting
• Knowledge of accounting standards and practices
• Good knowledge of budgeting and fund management practices
• Good analytical skills
• Proficiency in the MS Office Suite especially MS Excel
• Analytical skills
• Coordination Skills
• Interpersonal skills
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified applicants should forward their CV to the email above
Note: Lagos residence only
Watch out for: